Position SummaryCompany Overview:
At Comprehensive Cancer Centers of Nevada (CCCN) a distinguished team of doctors, researchers, nurses and healthcare professionals have provided patients with groundbreaking treatments on the healing edge of medicine since 1974. Our team is dedicated to providing the most effective treatments, both existing and emerging, in order to diagnose and successfully treat cancer and blood disorders. We support this goal with state-of-the-art facilities across Southern Nevada, all of which integrate the latest diagnostic, therapeutic and research capabilities. CCCN is dedicated to patient-centered care, advancing innovation, discovery, and improving outcomes. Motivated, caring professional are encouraged to join us.
Comprehensive Cancer Centers of Nevada is seeking a Medical Assistant at our Southern Hills clinic to join our team in the Las Vegas, Nevada area. In this role, you will work with some of the best physicians in their fields while providing care to patients in a successful health care organization.
The essential functions for the Medical Assistant include the following:
- Obtains and documents vital signs, height, weight, allergies, and medication changes.
- Prepares and stocks exam/treatment rooms.
- Assists physicians with exams and procedures.
- Draws blood.
- Administers SQ and IM.
- Phones in prescriptions and makes other patient calls as directed by physicians and RN.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum three years experience as a medical assistant or nursing assistant in a hospital or clinic setting.
- Spanish bi-lingual strongly preferred.
- Phlebotomy experience required.
- Current CPR certification required.
- Nevada Office Lab Assistant certification required.
Ready For Your Next Career Challenge? We’d Love to Hear from You!
If you possess the above qualifications and a desire to make a difference, we invite you to submit your resume and apply. In addition to a great career opportunity, we offer excellent benefits, a team environment, professional development, and the chance to be part of a nationwide network dedicated to fight the war against cancer. To apply click on the Apply Now link.
The US Oncology Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
$28,858 - $32,915 /year
What this is