Hi, we're Oscar. We’re hiring a Medical Assistant to join our Virtual Care team in our Tempe office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, and human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
Healthcare is broken. Patients experience a system that is fragmented, inaccessible, and impossibly complicated. We want to change that starting with primary care. We also believe medicine is a team sport and great primary care means connecting patients to a broader community of healthcare professionals and resources that are designed to address each patient’s healthcare needs. We’re starting with a ‘virtual first’ connection.
As we grow out our Virtual offering, we’re looking for Medical Assistants to assist a Care Team in managing a panel of patients with a ‘virtual first’ mindset. You’ll work with a Care Team of MDs, Advanced Practitioners, and Nurses to provide collaborative care.
You’ll solve problems that change lives. You’ll demonstrate organizational agility, coordinate cross functionally to get answers, and put members first.
- Provide support for your Care Team, including virtual MDs, Advanced Practitioners and Nurses.
- Provide live phone and messaging support for members (patients).
- Support both Doctor on Call (telemedicine) and Oscar Center (medical office).
- Help with the labs process, including entering labs into EHR, sending requisition forms, coordinating referrals, and disseminating order information and results to providers.
- Work with pharmacies to resolve order clarification issues and troubleshoot member issues.
- Close the loop with providers after referrals are made, including collecting patient notes from providers.
- Schedule appointments with members for follow up care.
- Help plan for each member's medical needs from initial outreach to solution.
- Initiate and conduct case debriefings with Specialists, Experts and Leads.
- 3+ Years experience as a Medical Assistant or similar certification and education.
- Must be available nights and weekends.
- Experience using EMR tools such as Athena. (Oscar providers will use multiple systems including Athena and other Oscar internal tools.)
- Passionate about delivering exceptional medical care
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, and we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, and volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.