The Coordinator will support the Director and Program Manager in the day-to-day tasks related to the Health Scholar programs with a focus on: medical assistant training including the recruitment, marketing, and coordination of training as well as teaching the medical assistant students.
Note: This role can be remote, as long as the incumbent is open to quarterly travel to Mendocino and Fresno Counties.
- Answer COPE Health Scholars related phone calls
- Respond to emails regarding all COPE Medical Assistant Scholar programs
- Support research and administrative tasks related to all programs, as needed
- Record and notate information gathered, including meeting notes
- Support recruitment, marketing and social media efforts
- Provide assistance with recruitment efforts for Medical Assistant Scholar programs (e.g., sending out emails, calling potential students/schools and making campus visits)
- Engage team members to leverage current knowledge and expertise to drive continuous process and quality improvement
- Assist with coordinating meetings and conference calls
- Assist with travel arrangements as necessary
- Maintain work plans and a timeline for assigned projects as required by supervisor
- Support supervisor with program coordination and implementation on a seasonal basis
- Develop and maintain high levels of client satisfaction internally and externally
- Ensure that the client/academic institutions understand and can articulate the value of our service(s)
- Oversee the Medical Assistant students’ didactic and practical training
- Oversee the Medical Assistant students’ program
- Carry out all other tasks, duties and responsibilities as needed
- Certified MA, LVN or RN
- Strong customer drive and dedication to quality and success
- Able to work collaboratively and effectively while handling multiple projects on various timelines in an extremely fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented and able to work well independently
- Analytical thinking skills and a strong and dedicated work ethic are required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Familiarity and proficiency with social media including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and Snapchat
As a firm passionate about health care, we’re deeply committed to the health and wellness of our own team members. We offer comprehensive, affordable insurance plans for our team and their families, and a host of other unique benefits, such as a yearly stipend for wellness-related activities, gym reimbursements and a paid parental leave program. You can learn more about our benefits offerings here: https://copehealthsolutions.com/careers/why-cope-health-solutions/.
What We Do:
COPE Health Solutions is a national mission-driven consulting firm that partners with health system and payor clients and provides them with the tools, services and advice they need to be leaders in the health care industry. We are passionate about health care, with roots as a non-profit organization dedicated to providing health education to the underprivileged and underinsured.
In partnership with the UCLA Executive Programs in Health Policy and Management, the COPE Health Scholar Services provide pre-health students and careerists looking to make a transition to health care with hands-on, experiential education opportunities. Scholars are carefully selected, well-trained and placed in clinical and administrative areas within hospitals and ambulatory care centers, where they are integrated into and assist the health care clinical or administrative team. The COPE Health Scholars Programs is a unique opportunity for students and those considering a career transition to bridge the gap between academic training and real life, as well as to gain specific training for non-licensed job roles such as Care Navigator.
To apply for this position, or to view all available positions, visit us at https://copehealthsolutions.com/careers/open-positions/.