Physician Partners of America (PPOA) is an established and growing multidisciplinary integrated healthcare organization. We have multiple locations in both Texas and Florida with our corporate headquarters in Tampa, FL.
We are seeking a full time Medical Assistant for our Pain Relief Group. We are looking for a team-player with exceptional customer service skills, capable of providing the outstanding patient experience characteristic of Physician Partners.
- Handles front desk duties; checking patient in and out, verifying insurance for walk-in patients, answering calls
- Maintains patient’s accounts and records, word processing, and scheduling of patients
- Takes patient histories and vital signs
- Prepares patients for examination and/or procedures
- Assists the physician and mid-level provider with examinations and treatments
- Performs selected diagnostic tests as directed by the physician
- Assists physicians and mid-levels during examinations
- Collects and prepare laboratory specimens, e.g., urine drug screen samples
- Performs basic laboratory tests such as Accucheck (blood sugar)
- Sterilizes medical instruments as appropriate
- Prepares and administers medications as directed by a physician (IM injections)
- Draws blood
- Removes sutures
- Enters data into patient’s electronic record; scans and indexes documents accurately to patient’s electronic medical records
- Arranges for hospital admissions and laboratory services
- High school diploma or GED certificate
- Strong ethical and moral character references
- BLS certification
- Medical assistant experience
- Minimum of one year pain management experience
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office and EHR management
PPOA celebrates and supports diversity and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. PPOA performs criminal background checks and pre-employment drug screens.