Front & Back Office Medical Assistant -Cardiology Clinic
Argus Medical Management provides all Management Services critical to running a successful medical practice allowing our physician clients to focus on the practice of medicine.We are seeking a full-time Medical Assistant for a Cardiology Clinic office located in Upland CA.
- Referrals and authorizations
- Eligibility and insurance verification
- Experience with EMR or EHR system
- Knowledge of IPA's, HMO, PPO
- Collecting co-pays & verifies patient's eligibility for Medi-Cal-Medicare or other payers.
- Administer Injections
- Blood draw
- Prepares patients for examination procedures, including escorting patients to exam rooms; and obtain basic medical information
- Check pulse, vitals, temperature, blood pressure, weight, and height of patients
- Record results into the patients' electronic health record
- Spanish -preferred
- Cardiology experience a plus
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills.
- At least 6-12 recent months work experience in a clinic, medical office or other health care facility preferred.
- Ability to work within a team setting and with volunteers.
- Ability to lift, stand and walk long period of times
Required Education & Certifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- CPR or First aide preferred