|Company:||WMC Advanced Physician Services PC|
|Hours:||Mon - Fri, 8:30 - 5:30p|
Job Summary: Performs various clinical and clerical tasks for practice manager/supervisor, clinical team or physicians; including rooming patients, taking vitals, taking messages for providers, scheduling appointments and other related duties as requested.
· Demonstrates clinical competence in the direct care of patients in established area(s) of practice, and assisting MDs with procedures.
· Performs clinical duties within scope of practice complying with the accepted WMCHealth and/or individual department standards, policies, and protocols.
· Documents in EHR all clinical information as directed (i.e. prescriptions/immunizations/ VS/treatments/allergies per WMCHealth/department protocols).
· Directs and/or escorts patients to exam rooms in a timely manner.
· Interview patients to obtain medical information and measure vital signs, weight, and height, as needed.
· Assist patient and physician throughout the visit.
· Demonstrates a proactive approach to patient care, focusing on addressing each patient's individual and family needs at the time of service; communicates identified needs in a timely manner.
· Inspects, cleans/prepares and processes instruments/equipment according to manufacturers' or WMCHealth guidelines.
· Notifies patients and reception staff promptly of unanticipated physician/mid-level healthcare professional delays or scheduling changes.
· Provides clerical support to patients such as but not limited to making appointments, booking procedures, obtaining pre-authorizations and answering telephones.
· Effectively communicates with all team members to support a cohesive work environment.
· Offers to assist others when work load permits.
· Demonstrates accountability, sound judgement and ethical behavior in all activities.
· Float to other office as required for adequate coverage.
Experience: Minimum of two years of clinical experience in a medical office/clinic or hospital setting, or graduate of an accredited medical assistant program, required.
Education: High school diploma or GED.
Licenses / Certifications: