Clinical and Research Facility is seeking a Full-Time Medical Assistant.
California Health & Longevity Institute - Westlake Village, CA - is undergoing a rapid expansion of its clinical and research activity and will need an experienced Full-Time Research Medical Assistant.
California Health & Longevity Institute believes that individual vitality and long life are best achieved through proactive measures that prevent illness. We conduct research, provide treatments, and offer training and education to serve individuals, communities, and corporations worldwide.
The Research Medical Assistant is involved in various aspects of research studies including but not limited to: study recruitment and scheduling, subject correspondence and follow up, data collection and entry, nursing evaluations and specific study related tasks per protocol.
- Answering and directing phone calls, scheduling appointments, contacting subjects to verify appointments and inform subjects of study day instructions.
- Conducting telephone and in-person screenings.
- Obtaining and reviewing medical records and reviewing eligibility.
- Obtaining informed consent.
- Assists coordinator in the development of operational plans for the implementation of the study.
- Assists coordinator with creation of source documents during study start-up process.
- Maintain subject charts and ensure proper and accurate documentation of subject visits.
- Accurate and timely data entry and query resolution within multiple databases.
- Specimen collection, including multiple daily blood draws.
- Nursing evaluations: EKG, PFT, IOP, Visual and Auditory Assessments.
Medical Assistant Certification or Diploma Required.
Extensive and Strong Phlebotomy Experience Required.
Current Phlebotomy Certification Preferred.
Bilingual Preferred (English/Spanish)
Must have proficient computer skills including: Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and Google Apps.
Understanding of ICH/GCP Guidelines and Code of Federal Regulations for the protection of Human Subjects.
Maintain strict confidentiality of patients, employees and company information at all times and adhere to HIPAA Guidelines
Medical Assistant and Phlebotomy experience required.
Previous experience in clinical research is a distinct advantage.
Experience performing: EKGs, PFTs, IOPs, venipuncture, visual and auditory assessments, bio specimen collection and processing, and other standard medical office technologies.
Ideal candidate must be detail oriented, self-starting, quick independent learner, flexible and able to multi-task.
Salary dependent upon experience. Benefits.