Medical Assistant - Westwood Urgent Care
An affiliate of Massachusetts General Hospital and Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Partners Urgent Care serves as a convenient and affordable urgent care option for those living and working in the Greater Boston area. From coughs and colds to cuts and broken bones, our providers offer great care for a range of illnesses and injuries in clean modern centers. We know urgent medical situations often happen unexpectedly, so our Boston-area Partners Urgent Care clinics seven days a week. Most Partners Urgent Care visits last less than an hour, so our patients can get back to what matters.
The Medical Assistant provides patient centric care, patient registration and medical assistance duties as part of the Partners Urgent Care Team.
• Medical assistant diploma required
• BLS/CPR certification required
• 2+ years of Medical Assistant experience in a high-volume urgent care center, primary care practice or emergency room preferred.
• Ability to see, hear, and accurately read and write medical terminology.
• Experience with labs, history and vitals, blood draws and IVs necessary.
• An outstanding bedside manner with both pediatric and adult patients.
• A positive and energetic attitude which inspires other team members.
• Demonstrated ability and strong commitment to exceptional patient care and customer service principles.
• Excellent organizational and record keeping skills.
• Ability to communicate effectively, balance multiple tasks, set priorities, and solve problems independently.
• Technology proficiency is critical, including previous EMR experience and knowledge of Microsoft software products such as Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
• Reliable, independent transportation is required for travel to various PUC locations.
• Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
• Required to move from one location to another within and outside of the building; push, pull and reach; bend; stand for long periods of time; and sit for long periods of time.
• Must be able to speak and write English fluently.
• Ability to work 12.5 hour shifts, overtime, on-call, weekends, and holidays as needed.
Partners HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer amp; by embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law.
Primary Location MA-Westwood-PCP Westwood
PCP Westwood (PCPWestwood)
1 Brigham Way