Do you want a dynamic and rewarding Medical Assistant job with great benefits where your clinical skills and people skills make a difference in the well-being of adults?
As a Medical Assistant at Life Line Screening, the nation's leading provider of community-based preventive health screenings, you and your medical team will help thousands of adults each year obtain useful health insight by administering medical appropriate health screenings and tests.
These services are designed to help individuals become aware of their health risks factors for chronic vascular diseases, stroke and other diseases early so they can take proactive steps towards maintaining or improving their health through lifestyle changes or under continued care with their doctor.
Your role as a MA is two-fold. First, to autonomously provide every adult with a positive experience at each event while administering ABI, Osteoporosis Risk Assessment, Atrial Fibrillation, blood test, or completing registration/intake, and educating participants on medically appropriate tests and preventive health screenings performed by vascular sonographers.
Second, as an integral part of a mobile medical team you will work collaborative with your peers, to ensure participants are transferred from one screening area to another with care and all state-of-the-art healthcare equipment is setup and put away each day.
Events are scheduled in advance, Monday -- Saturday, during day shift hours and are not held on Holidays or Sundays. Events are held simultaneously at the same site as our sister company, Life Line Community Healthcare.
* Competitive base hourly pay and bonus opportunities
* Paid time off plan
* A 401 (k) plan with employee matching
* Medical, dental, vision and pharmacy plan coverage
* Flex spending account, employee wellness and critical care and illness plans for additional
* Life Insurance
* STD/LTD and Family Medical Leave
* For the right candidate, professional development and growth opportunities into management
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Ability to learn and perform ABI, Osteoporosis Risk Assessment, Atrial Fibrillation and blood test screenings in accordance with the company's protocols and in a proficient and timely manner
* Flexibility to work outside of normal business hours including 1-4 hours paid travel time in a team van. Some Saturday work as well as 2 or 3 overnight trips per month
* Unload and load screening equipment from the van as a team
* Set up and breakdown of screening event and registration area
* Manage the registration process of participants and the flow of the screening event. This includes educating and recommending medically appropriate screenings for individual participants
* Eager to work in a fast pace work environment where a passion for helping others, as well as accuracy performing tests, are held at the highest of standards
* Willingness to perform other duties and projects that are requested by Management
* Assist with driving the company vehicle to and from the assigned screening sites upon approval
* Medical Assistant or Emergency Medical Technician graduate from an accredited school or formal medical training program
* Experience of 1 year in the medical field OR 1 year experience in a customer service role associated with retail and/or sales
* Excellent customer service skills, with the ability to educate participants on products and services
* Willingness to work and prosper in a team environment
* Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
* Must have a valid driver's license
* Multi-task oriented
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled