Thank you for your interest in careers at EBNHC!
Everywhere you turn, you can feel it. There's an immeasurable level of enthusiasm at East Boston Neighborhood Health Center (EBNHC), one of the largest community health centers in the country. From the nurses and physicians on the front line of patient care, to the managers who shape our policies, to the customer service representatives who keep our facilities running smoothly - everyone here has a role in making medicine better.
Interested in this position? Apply on-line and create a personal candidate account!
Current Employees of EBNHC - Please use the internal careers portal to apply for positions.
To learn more about working at EBNHC and our benefits, check out our Careers Page at careers.ebnhc.org.
Time Type:Full time
All Locations:East Boston, Winthrop
Four Days a week 8:00-5:00pm plus 1 Evening Rotation 11:30am-8:30pm/per week
Job Description Summary
Working in close partnership with a provider(s), the medical assistant assists and directs care of patients in a practice. Their primary function is to manage efficient patient flow and to be available to assist providers as needed. The Medical Assistant is responsible for various non-skilled nursing tasks, for the maintenance and control of non-pharmaceutical supplies and equipment, and for assigned support activities. The Medical Assistant assumes a range of patient care responsibilities dealing with the physical and emotional aspects of assigned patients ages 0 months to greater than 100 years. Prepares for assigned clinics and ensures all test results and instruments are available per department protocol. Be available to assist with their assigned providers. Communicates with them throughout the session.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Vital signs
- Pulse oximetry
- Use of 02 equipment
- Obtaining EKG’s
- Laboratory studies such as glucometer, urine dip stick urinalysis and others as requested
- Cleans and wraps instruments for sterilization
- Follows procedure for operation of autoclave and properly documents each load
Qualifications and requirements:
- HS Diploma/GED and a graduate of a Certified Medical Assistant program
- One year of Medical Assisting experience strongly preferred
- One year of Customer Service experience
- Excellent oral, listening, and written communication skills
- Computer literacy
- Bilingual skills (English/Spanish) preferred