$16 to $18 per hour
Duties and Responsibilities:
Provides clinical and administrative assistance for their assigned clinic for evening shifts. This position includes several tasks that help the clinic perform effectively including admitting patients, scheduling appointments, and closely working with the providers. This position reports to our Clinic Manager.
- Work directly with the provider(s) to provide quality care to patients.
- Performs diagnostic tests, and collect/prepares specimens within the scope of practice as directed by a clinician and practice infection control techniques.
- Prepares patients for appropriate exams/procedures as directed by the assigned provider by escorting patients to exam rooms, measuring vital signs, and properly documenting information obtained through patient records via the EMR system.
- Assist providers in exam rooms and give instructions to patients as instructed by providers.
- Ensures that exam rooms are clean, stocked, and appropriately set up prior to rooming each patient.
- Assists in maintaining the cleanliness and serviceability of facilities and equipment.
- Ensures all related reports, labs, and information required are available in patientsâ€™ medical records prior to their appointment.
- Upkeeps required compliance logs (temperature logs, cash logs, etc.)
- Properly cares for medical equipment and performs maintenance responsibilities.
- Schedules reschedule and cancel appointments for clinic providers through the EMR system.
- Prepares and updates medical charts and associated records, and enters patient data into files.
- Obtains and verifies patient billing information along with insurance approvals as appropriate to the activities of the unit; processes patient accounts, and maintains records.
- All other duties as assigned.
- At least 1-year previous medical assistant experience.
- Training in an accredited program for medical assisting, certification is preferred.
- Active Certified Phlebotomist Technician 1 (CPT1) license.
- Excellent communication skills, judgment, and organizational skills.
- Professional, yet friendly attitude with patients, physicians, staff, and others.
- Must be able to work under pressure and handle stressful situations in a calm and professional manner.
- Ability to meet deadlines and complete tasks as assigned without direct supervision.
- Able to work in the Los Angeles area.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is highly preferred.
Powered by JazzHR