Providence is calling a Medical Assistant with Limited X-Ray (Full time/Variable Shift) to the Providence Medical Institute in Torrance, CA.
Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with some additional questions from our Modern Hire system
We are seeking a Medical Assistant with Limited X-Ray who will implement delegated aspects of care and assist in both direct and indirect patient care and routine diagnostic radiographic services.
In this position you will:
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of infection control procedures and follows department policies.
- Understand and use diagnostic equipment correctly and ensure all equipment is maintained by following department policies.
- Perform general medical duties according to the California Code of Regulations for Medical Assisting. See attached. Demonstrate competency in phlebotomy, EKG, sterile technique, patient admission process, medication administration. Also needs to demonstrate competency assisting with advanced clinical office procedures such as treadmills, sigmoidoscopies, holter monitors, minor surgical procedures, laser procedures, colposcopies.
- Maintain a current and adequate inventory of medical supplies and pharmaceuticals.
- Is responsible for notifying physician and/or supervisor of any untold events for patients and visitors. This may include clinical findings, falls, reportable information.
- Maintaining an orderly and pleasing work space that ensures the integrity and safety of the practice, patients and personnel.
- Obtain necessary information to complete the necessary authorizations as directed by insurance companies and physician/provider. Maintain authorization log and notify patient of receipt of authorization %5CWithin twenty-four hours. Notify physician/provider of any denials.
- Assist as necessary, with providing accurate ICD-9 and CPT coding.
- Perform routine diagnostic radiographic services according to the guidelines set forth by the State of California and the individual's license.
- Provide proper radiation protection for patients and staff in accordance with federal, state and relevant department safety standards.
- Maintain complete and accurate patient logs that reflect services provided and maintain appropriate labeling and filing of x-ray jackets.
- Documentation/Information Management: Utilize MIS systems according to policy and procedure. Appropriate care and maintenance of MIS system needs to be observed at all times.
- Leadership/Supervision: Will assist physician/provider in training MA I to advance to assisting in performing advanced clinical office procedures.
- Development: Keep abreast of department policies and procedures by positively participating in staff meeting and in services.
- Performance Improvement: Participate in CQI and/or quality management activities as identified by supervisor.
- Budgetary: Responsible to use equipment and supplies efficiently and to make suggestions for cost cutting initiatives to supervisor.