Experienced Medical Billing Manager
4 years of current professional fee billing and collections
5 years' experience working in a medical group practice office
Must be a Certified Professional Coder (CPC)
Must have knowledge of medical billing in the healthcare field
Must have experience handling billing issues with staff, insurance carriers, and internal units
Must have experience managing and supervising staff
Must have experience working on EMR;
Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
Must have a strong understand of Microsoft Office
Must have Full Cycle Medical Billing: Collections, Accounts Receivable, Payment Posting, Accounts Payable, charge processing, reporting of results and analysis, concurrent and retrospective auditing experience
- Medical Billing Manager is responsible for, but not limited to the following:
- Responsible for the complex and comprehensive management, analysis, organizational development and education of all activities related to professional fee billing and collections.
- Essential to this position is a comprehensive understanding of all patient care services including registration and scheduling, billing activity and financial reporting in adherence to all guidelines.
- Responsible for managing, analyzing and overseeing all the daily operations of the billing units, including but not limited to: charge entry, billing, payment posting, and reporting.
- Responsible for the development, implementation and quality assurance of all policies and procedures as they relate to the billing operations to provide maximum efficiency and reimbursement.
- Effective communication of billing issues and trends between the organization and the respective assigned departments as well as the various internal units.
- Act as the practice resource to the management team and physicians on billing related issues.
- Research claim denials and underpayment
- Maximize the capture of accounts receivable.