Avosys is a growing integrator of professional, technological and management solutions services. Founded in 1998, Avosys provides services nationwide to Federal, Commercial, Local and State clients. We recognize the foundation of our firm is our people and we continue to rise above our competition by hiring the best.
Avosys is seeking an Outpatient Medical Coder to provide services to the military and their families at Langley AFB, VA.
- Responsible for assignment of accurate E&M, ICD, CPT and HCPCS codes and modifiers from medical record documentation.
- Identifies and abstracts information from medical records (paper or electronic) for special studies and audits, internal and external.
- Interacts with facility staff to ensure documentation is clear and supports coding assignments. Educates facility staff through individual or group in-services and training sessions.
- Maintains a delinquency report of missing records in order to facilitate completion of work within the required thresholds.
- A minimum of three-year experience in the outpatient setting (physician's office or ambulatory surgery centers) within the last five years, including assignment of E&M, CPT, and HCPCS codes.
- Registered Health Information Technologist (RHIT), Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA), Certified Professional Coder (CPC) CCS-P (Certified Coder Specialist Physician (CCS-P) with the appropriate level of experience.
- An accrediting institution recognized by the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) and/or American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) must accredit education.
**Position is contingent upon award of contract**
Reference Code: MSS.VA.MC.1904
Position Type: Full Time
Location: Langley AFB, VA
Industry: Government Contracting
Shift: Day Business Hours
Salary: Based on Experience
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact (210) 888-0775 or Jobs@Avosys.com for assistance.