Family Medical Practice near Liberty, Missouri is seeking a professional coder. This is not a remote coding position.
Job Duties (include but are not limited to):
- Reviews and codes clinical notes for physician documentation
- Coordinates and reconciles encounters to ensure complete charge capture
- Charge entry of coded services into the billing system in a timely manner
- Work in conjunction with A/R on follow up and resolution of coding related denials and rejections including recommendation of new/updated coding edits
- Assists in coding education for in-service meetings
- Tracks denial patterns to address systemic issues
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in coding and/or reimbursement activities
- Knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy and physiology
- Experience with NextGen EHR highly preferred
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC) through the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) or Certified Coding Specialist (CCS), Certified Coding Specialist – Physician (CCS-P), Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT), Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) through American Health Information Management Association (RHIA) is required.