Title- ICD9/ICD10 Medical Coding Educator
Location- Greensboro, NC
6+ month extendable contract
If you’re interested in applying for this position, please you’re your updated resume in Word format to Clare at email@example.com
• 6 month extendable contract.
• 2-5 years coding experience.
• CPC or CCS REQUIRED
• The Coding Education Specialist position supports the coding education program to ensure that client receives appropriate reimbursement & is in compliance with industry standards & guidelines.
• This position is expected to be a subject matter expert in one area of coding hospital services (Inpatient or Outpatient)
• Provides coding support to THN physicians, mid-levels, support staff and their administration on Hierarchical Condition Categories.
• Education of these THN offices on how to properly apply these coding principles based on the actual review of their documentation.
• Responsible for being able to review various reports from claims data, EMR systems and practice management systems in order to analyze appropriate use of ICD-9/ICD-10 codes.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be detailed oriented and analytical in nature.
• Strong managerial, leadership, and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent analytical skills.
• Must be able to work during times of unusually high volume and of unusual need as workload demands.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178