Live IT Up at Ciber Global
At Ciber Global, we believe the most inspired, innovative and industrious companies should win, regardless of size or legacy. We’re the small company that cares and the big company that can. We deliver breakthrough performances and powerful solutions that are anything but cookie cutter in order to give our clients the competitive advantage they deserve.
This position is responsible for the day to day billing and revenue cycle processes with special attention to billing outcomes and coding performance. This includes working with the billing system company, departmental staff and physicians to assure optimum billing performance.
- Manage the day to day billing operations within the Department with special emphasis on the front end systems to assure that all information provided to billing system company is accurate and timely across all divisions and locations. This may include registration, scheduling, referral management, co-pay collection, self-pay collection, systems set up and issues.
- Works collaboratively with the IS team to ensure systems integrity for revenue cycle functions. Responsible for denial work file management, collaborating with divisional managers and staff to ensure claims processing occurs in a timely manner. Coordinates edit code training for front end staff.
- Responsible for entire pipeline of charge capture activities from encounter form development and review to correct coding and oversight for ensuring accurate reimbursement for services billed.
- Responsible for driving process improvement initiatives related to front end revenue cycle functions, in collaboration with the operations leadership and divisional managers.
- Oversees and provides input to ensure all systems are functional in categories such as dictionary file, data elements, interface and mapping, payer specificity including configuring the system to individual payer companion guide requirements, file transmission, billing area set, adding/deleting ICD-10 and CPT codes, etc.
- Serves as a key resource for changes in payment and coding guidelines from all payers. Educates and reeducates them on these continual updates. Responsible for constant and continual education of the physicians on coding changes.
- Coordinates and facilitates compliance audits for the department. Directs internal compliance reviews conducted by the department coders. Provides feedback and education to physicians on coding errors for both procedure and E&M services. Verifies that fee schedules are appropriate against insurance payers' allowable fees.
- Analyzes monthly accounts receivable reports, tracking billing system enhancement efforts by the billing system vendor to ensure collections activity on a regular basis. Analyzes weekly charges and payments data to ensure billing performance is on track to meet established targets for productivity. Reviews EOBs as needed to determine and address payer problems. Coordinates efforts regarding authorization issues.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Certificate 1 preferred: Certified Professional Coder.
- 8-10 years related work experience required and 5-8 years supervisory/management experience required.
- Knowledge of ICD-10 and CPT coding.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or
- Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and
- maintain databases.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by precedents, policies and objectives.
- Regularly makes decisions and recommendations on issues affecting a department or functional area.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are highly varied, complex and often non-recurring,
- requiring staff input, innovative, creative, and Lean diagno
This position requires the successful completion of a background investigation and/or drug screen.
Ciber Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Keep discovering! Click here.
Ciber Global is an IT consulting company who partners with organizations to develop technology strategies and solutions that deliver tangible business value. Founded in 1974, Ciber is an HTC Global Services company. For more information, visit www.Ciber.com.