Overview of Responsibilities
There is an opening for a medical collector. This person will be responsible for handling any issues that patients have regarding their bills and helping them set up payment plans.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitor collection efforts by reviewing computer generated A/R reports, and follow up on all accounts over 60 days.
- Resubmit claims to insurance carriers most by insurance portal, some by fax and mail to identified individuals to promote expeditious payments.
- Evaluate policies and procedures by assessing patient accounts recovered in relation to effort, methods and costs involved.
- Maintain operations by following policies and procedures for collection of accounts.
- Prepare collection reports by accumulating, analyzing and summarizing account information any trends.
- Minimize losses by referring bad-debt accounts to outside agency. Agencies may move to litigation with approval of Collection Team Supervisor or Manager.
- Uncover errors and/or fraudulent activities by investigating account documentation.
- Prevent losses by notifying all Patient Account Department staff and related personnel of problems.
- Maintain historical records by ensuring that documents are completed and filed according to policy and procedure.
- Contribute to team effort by maintaining and excellent rapport and cooperative working relationship with all other staff.
- Cooperate with office administration by assisting with any other necessary projects and assignments as may be required.
- Prepare credits and/or overpayments reports by accumulating, analyzing and summarizing account information and trends.
- Update demographics in database:
- Review and update system with data provided on returned statements
- Review and update system with Report generated by our Statement vendor
- Special Projects on an as-need basis.
- Complies with all IntegraMed policies and procedures, including attendance, dress, corporate compliance, and safety.
- Attends administrative meetings and training sessions as requested.
- Participates in special projects and studies as requested.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient information and complies with HIPAA regulations
3-5 Must Have Skills/Qualifications
- 3+ years of physician billing/collections experience
Soft Skill/Attribute Requirements
- Quick Learner
- Problem Solving Skills
Monday-Friday, flex start time between 7am-9am
Competitive Pay & Benefits
Apply for details