Accounting Now is actively recruiting for Medical Collections Representatives in Jacksonville for a large healthcare client. The ideal candidate will have experience submitting claims and resolve complex billing issues for the department, and facilitate the timely and accurate submission of claims by Managed Care, Medicare and/or Medicaid billers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Submits accurate and timely claims based upon payer requirements. Understands computerized edits, alerts and revenue cycle standards and processes.
- Corrects rejected claims and resubmits complex rejected claims. Appeals denials with appropriate documentation per payer requirements.
- Works assigned accounts per collection policies, procedures and strategies.
- Analyzes outstanding balances to determine appropriate course of action, reviews non-paid or underpaid EOBs and reconciles all EOB's in a prompt manner.
- Contacts Medicare/Medicaid via electronic means to determine when payment will be made and what additional information, if any, is needed for processing and payment of claims.
- Documents conversations with representatives from Medicare/Medicaid, patients and other parties.
- Provides suggestions to improve daily operations, collections and create efficiencies.
- Tracks all accounts receivable and pursues all outstanding balances. Runs monthly receivable reports and works through outstanding claims.
- Answers all billing questions in a professional manner.
Minimum Acceptable Qualifications:
- 3 plus years of experience.
- Knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid billing requirements
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Medicare compliance and billing requirements.
- Familiarity with medical terminology.
- Excellent working knowledge of electronic billing systems.
- Working knowledge of the healthcare revenue cycle process.