The Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) Department of Family and Community Medicine (DFCM) is currently seeking a Medical Director for its Ascension Columbia St. Mary's Family Health Center (FHC) residency training clinic. The MCW/Columbia St. Mary's Family Medicine Residency is a highly successful 8/8/8 program established in 1998. We are looking for someone with the vision and leadership necessary to teach and model exemplary clinical care for residents, students and faculty, incorporating the foundational tenets of traditional relationship-based, community-engaged family medicine yet incorporating modern practice models such as increased virtual visits, value-based accountable care, and an emphasis on patient safety, team-based care, and quality assurance.
Located at the crossroads of several distinct neighborhoods, our FHC (NCQA Level III recognized) annually serves more than 25,000 patients, living in a diverse, vibrant urban environment. Just a half-mile from our hospital, the health center's 21,000 square feet incorporates the Institute for Healthcare Improvement principles of "Idealized Office Design". The 27 examination rooms are arranged in four pods. Each pod is a home base for the physician and his/her patients within the clinic. Three procedure rooms allow us to teach office procedures including colposcopy, OB ultrasound, non-stress testing, endometrial biopsy and much more. The center has full-service X-ray, and laboratory facilities, OM tables and a well-integrated electronic medical record system.
Medical Director Roles and Responsibilities:
In cooperation with the DFCM leadership, residency program director, and our affiliated health system, the Medical Director is accountable for:
- Providing oversight of clinical policies and procedures and quality improvement/assurance programs at the FHC.
- Effectively role modeling quality patient centered comprehensive care, self-directed learning and process improvement.
- Performing full scope family medicine care in the outpatient and inpatient settings and share responsibility for inpatient call as a Clinican Educator. OB preferred but not necessary.
- Coordinating the community outreach activities of the FHC.
- Working with the on-site Program Administrator, improving the patients experience and managing patient's concerns.
- Utilizing and championing the effective use of electronic media, EMR, and IT for effective patient care and efficient workflows.
- Assuring that all ACGME-related health systems management and practice-based learning and improvement-related requirements are met by residents.
Collaborating with the Program Administrator and residency program leadership to achieve overall goals and objectives as deemed essential and perform other duties as assigned by the Program Director.
About our Department:
The Department of Family and Community Medicine (DFCM) was established in 1975 at Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) out of a need for better healthcare for the people of this state and region. Since 2000 our department has produced more than 1,145 family physicians, educated more than 4,050 medical students, provided care to more than 26,738 patients per year and generated millions of dollars in community-oriented research efforts. As a team, we continue to provide exemplary patient care and education while pursuing research that will improve the health of the communities that we serve.
The Medical College of Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.