This full time M-F Position is located at the onsite medical clinic in the Stanislaus County Jail in Modesto, CA The position comes with a competitive salary, full Company Benefits and malpractice insurance to include tail coverage.
Under the direction of the Chief Medical Officer (CMO), the Medical Director has overall responsibility for the medical program at the county including monitoring services provided by non-physician providers within the detention facilities.
- Graduate of accredited medical school
- Previous correctional/detention facility experience
- At least five years’ experience as a Medical Director
- Current (and must maintain) lifesaving BLS and ACLS certification through AHA
- Unrestricted current medical license, certification or registration in state of practice - must maintain all certifications, educational requirements, licensing, etc.
- Board Certified/eligible in the field of internal medicine, family practice, or emergency medicine
- Current Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) registration
Responsible for success of health care program at assigned facilities including performance of clinical staff
- Ensure quality of medical records, pharmaceutical practices and implementation and adherence to Policy & Procedures as well Standardized Procedures
- Consult with PAs/FNPs and RNs on all conditions falling outside standardized procedure parameters
- Performing sick call and physical examinations as scheduled
- Review and countersign records of patients seen and treated by RNs (under standardized procedures)
- Countersign all verbal and telephone orders
- Participate in Quality Management and Peer Review meetings