Board Certified Medical Director of Gastroenterology to join an award-winning fully integrated health care delivery system located throughout Southern Wisconsin and Northern Illinois.
Mercyhealth is a multi-regional, integrated health system comprising seven hospitals, more than 800 employed physicians, over 80 outpatient clinics and other service sites that provide care to residents in more than 60 communities throughout northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin. We provide over 75 specialty and sub-specialty services, including neurosurgery, heart and vascular care, cancer care, plastic and reconstructive surgery, da Vinci robotic surgery and much more.
Opened January 2019, Mercyhealths Javon Bea Hospital-Riverside is a state-of-the-art, $505 million facility that serves as the regional hub for highly specialized care for children and adults. It houses a state-of-the-art, designated childrens hospital and regional perinatal center. This facility compliments our second Rockford hospital campus, Javon Bea Hospital-Rockton, which continues to provide primary and specialty care.
- Practice is located in Rockford, Illinois (Northwest Region of Illinois)
- Javon Bea Hospital is one hospital with two campuses:
- East Campus: Level I adult trauma, Level III NICU, Womens and Childrens Hospital
- West Campus: Level II adult trauma center
- Lead a well-established and growing Gastroenterology team; Call is 1:4
- Practice has two Advanced Practice Practitioners.
- 20% administrative duties and 80 % clinical responsibilities
- 10-12 patients per day on average
- Previous leadership / management experience is required
- Any specialized experience is a plus (i.e. motility gastroenterology, pill-cam examinations, etc.)
- Exposure to teach/train Internal Medicine and Family Medicine residents and medical students
Competitive Compensation & Benefits:
This is a high income earning position with a generous base leading to an incentive-based compensation plan the first year along with an outstanding benefit package including but not limited to: PTO, employer covered Malpractice Insurance, Licensure & DEA reimbursement, Health & Dental benefits for entire family, CME, Relocation Assistance, employer matched retirement savings, and more.