Here at Wellpath, everything that we do is about taking care of people ?? our patients, our staff and our partners. We are committed to making a difference by providing hope and healing to vulnerable patients in challenging clinical environments. Our talented, compassionate team thrives in an autonomous environment, is empowered and supported by education, training and the resources to practice healthcare the way it is meant to be and strives to ??Always Do The Right Thing!??
Under the direction of the Chief Medical Officer (CMO), the Medical Director has overall responsibility for the medical program at the county including monitoring services provided by non-physician providers within the detention facilities.
- Graduate of accredited medical school
- Previous correctional/detention facility experience
- At least five years?? experience as a Medical Director
- Current (and must maintain) lifesaving BLS and ACLS certification through AHA
- Unrestricted current medical license, certification or registration in state of practice - must maintain all certifications, educational requirements, licensing, etc.
- Board Certified/eligible in the field of internal medicine, family practice, or emergency medicine
- Current Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) registration
Responsible for success of health care program at assigned facilities including performance of clinical staff
- Ensure quality of medical records, pharmaceutical practices and implementation and adherence to Policy & Procedures as well Standardized Procedures
- Consult with PAs/FNPs and RNs on all conditions falling outside standardized procedure parameters
- Performing sick call and physical examinations as scheduled
- Review and countersign records of patients seen and treated by RNs (under standardized procedures)
- Countersign all verbal and telephone orders
- Participate in Quality Management and Peer Review meetings
- Participate in on-call activities as needed
- Attend Quality Assurance and Administrative meetings
- May assist in the job shadow portion of the interview process, orientation and training of new and potential staff
- Responsible for the performance evaluations and successful training of direct reports
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Wellpath is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer