Healthcare Network (HCN) is seeking a Medical Director of Obstetrics and Gynecologyto join our team.Since 1977, our private non-profit Federally Qualified Health Centers have broken barriers to provide healthcare to our neighbors in need. Today, we proudly serve as a medical and dental home to approximately 50,000 patients throughout Collier County!
As a patient-centered medical home, Healthcare Network is a resource for prevention, wellness and quality healthcare. Committed to treating the whole person in both mind and body throughout the life cycle our services include family care, children's care ,HIV/AIDS treatment, senior care, women's care, dental care, pharmacy and integrated behavioral health. We are accredited by the Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Care (AAAHC) and are certified by AAAHC as a medical and dental home.Healthcare Network is accredited by AAAHC and certified as a Federally Qualified Health Center by HRSA.
Healthcare Network offers our care team members a competitive wage, comprehensive benefit package and the opportunity to serve in a mission-minded organization. For more information on our community organization, visit our website at www.healthcareswfl.org.
The Medical Director of Obstetrics and Gynecology,in partnership with the Administrative Director Women's Services, will oversee the services provided to the patients of the Women's Care division of Healthcare Network of Southwest Florida. In addition, the Medical Director shall be a board-certified OB/GYN who will continue to actively practice and provide care to patients with moderate to high-risk pregnancies, provides gynecological services, performs surgery, and provides preventive health care. The Medical Director functions as a collaborative member of the health care team with other providers and members of senior leadership.
Responsibilities & Standards:
Medical Director Responsibilities
- Drive division to meet or exceed clinical, financial and quality performance metrics established by the company on an annual basis. These goals will be established based on budgetary and regulatory compliance guidelines and in conjunction with the Vice President Medical Staff Affairs/Chief Medical Officer (CMO).
- Lead and participate in clinical quality initiatives as evidenced by a substantial improvement in year over year quality award funds, percentage increase in hospital births and transfers of new births to our pediatric practices.
- Promotes and oversees the development of critical pathways, protocols and evidence-based practice guidelines to establish and maintain the highest standards of quality and cost-effective care for the patients we serve.
- Collaborates with operations team and other division medical directors to ensure that appropriate quality improvement standards/metrics are established, maintained and reported as appropriate.
- Lead efforts to optimize operational efficiencies, including patient throughput, patient experience and appropriate resource utilization.
- Ensure application of best practice standards throughout Women's Services division, incorporating regulatory requirements at local, state and national level utilizing benchmarking data and analysis from applicable sources.
- Drive innovation in care management to establish efficient operational infrastructure in partnership with support and operations staff to deliver high quality care to the patients we serve.
- Must be active participant of Clinical Leadership Committee (CLC), Credentialing Committee and others as deemed appropriate by the CMO.
General OB/GYN Responsibilities
- Maintains ethical and professional standards as defined by the organization.
- Assesses and triages patients to ensure timely and appropriate medical care.
- Elicits histories and conducts physicals.
- Orders appropriate labs, EKGs, x-rays, mammograms, Dexa scans, or other indicated tests, and is able to recognize abnormal findings. Educates patient on all aspects of health maintenance.
- Provides short-term, individual, or family teaching on diet, weight control, adolescent birth control, and sex education.
- Performs procedures such as colposcopy/biopsy, endometrial biopsy, Nexplanon and IUD inserts and removals.
- Provides health services to complicated obstetrical patients, including managing the high-risk clinics, managing OB patient's insulin, hypertensive medications, thyroid medications, and other complex health problems.
- Refers or seeks consultation with other physicians when a patient has a condition warranting specialty care.
- Performs vaginal deliveries of high risk patients, cesarean sections, tubal ligations, hysterectomies, D&Cs, and other GYN surgeries.
- Participates in OB/GYN call rotation, including being available for CNM consultation and referral when on call.
- Work collaboratively with CNMs and other OB/GYN physicians to provide excellent health care to HCN patients.
- Completes documentation and reviews labs in a timely fashion using electronic medical records.
- Maintains contact with peers thru electronic communication and/or phone.
- Attends OB/GYN department meetings and HCN provider meetings
- Performs other related duties as indicated or when requested by supervisor or medical director.
- Participates in QA/QI and Peer Review.
- Job duties involve conceptual analysis and the resolution of complex problems and situations. Most responsibilities are stated in terms of objectives to be reached, instead of the specific means by which results are to be achieved. Situations will be encountered that involve the need to determine the problem itself before solutions are proposed.
- Written and verbal communication skills are essential to job performance, including providing both technical factual information and the objective and subjective analyses of the information. Those receiving the information may be emotional or uncooperative, requiring the employee to resolve the conflict or diffuse tension.
- May be required to perform the duties of other employees, including supervisors/managers, in their absence.
- Flexibility to provide vacation coverage for other OB/GYNs, which may include working in an alternative HCN office.
- May be asked to perform duties and responsibilities not listed in this description, on a temporary or long-term basis
- Education/Training Level
- Graduation from accredited Medical school, completed residency in OB/GYN, and Board Certification in OB/GYN
- Experience of at least five (5) years OB/GYN medical practice management
- Experience in FQHC a plus; experience with working collaboratively with midwives a plus
- Maintain required CME credits and board certification as defined by the State of Florida
- Licenses & Certifications
- Must possess a current Florida license to practice as an OB/GYN.
- Must maintain BLS and other requirements as defined by HCN and HCN Credentials Committees.
- Must maintain local hospital privileges, board certification and state licensure
- Communication Skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Bilingual in Spanish and/or Creole required
- Technology Skills
- Strong understanding and ability to use Microsoft Office
- Strong understanding and ability to use Electronic Health Records