Medical Director of the Hospitalist Department
Central Los Angeles, CA
VEP Healthcare is actively recruiting for a Medical Director of Hospital Medicine in Central Los Angeles, California. The successful candidate should have significant experience and involvement in Hospital Medicine administrative activities (e.g., quality improvement, patient satisfaction, productivity, scheduling, etc.) and a productive membership on hospital committees. In addition to a full complement of shifts, the Medical Director will work closely with the hospital administration in support of VEPs agenda of high quality, efficient, and compassionate care.
- 16-18 patients per Hospitalist
- Hospitals run codes and rapid response
- Closed ICU
- 12hr shifts
- California Medical License
- DEA License with California registration
- Board certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine or the American Osteopathic Board of Medicine OR Board certified by the American Board of Family Medicine or the American Osteopathic Board of Family Medicine
Compensation: Medical Director Physicians are independent contractors and are given an hourly base rate and a monthly stipend. VEP provides independent contractors with flexible schedules, and paid malpractice insurance with tail coverage. Physicians also enjoy the benefit of becoming a shareholder after 150 hours worked which allows them to be actively involved in the governance of the company. Shareholders have the option of participating in VEP's 401(k) plan and short-term & long-term disability plans.