CHI Health Clinic - Creighton University School of Medicine seeks a leader in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation to oversee clinic and inpatient operations at one of the most robust Rehabilitation Institutes in the region. Other functions of this leadership role include.
- Providing 20 hours per week within the scope of medical directorship - this can also be combined with seeing patients within the inpatient unit
- Providing consultation/liaison general physiatry services at one or more CHI Omaha/Council Bluffs hospitals
- Functioning as co-inpatient physician with hospital medicine at Immanuel Rehabilitation Institute
- MSK or Concussion interests desired
- Two half days per week focused on outpatient clinic
- Initiate and drive quality outcomes and full continuum of care
- Collaborative with other disciplinary specialist as part of the hospital
- Full ancillary support from within the hospital attached to our Rehabilitation Institute
- Participation in education and mentorship to not only partner physiatrists, but also our school of medicine M3 and M4 PM&R students, and members of the interdisciplinary rehabilitation team
Additionally voluntary or full faculty appointment available at CUSOM. Opportunities for research in Creighton University Schools of Medicine or Allied Health.
The candidate should possess particular interpersonal strengths in empathy, problem solving, and listening. The practice attitude is one of pitching in and helping out and sharing burdens and benefits. The current practice consists of 2 physiatrists and one nurse practitioner and this position replaces a our previous medical director who left to be closer to family.
CHI Health in the Omaha metro consists of 5 academic and community hospitals with programs including thrombectomy-capable comprehensive stroke and level 1 trauma. Immanuel Medical Center offers general hospital and specialty services including the CHI Neurological Institute and CHI Immanuel Rehabilitation Institute (IRI).