The Iowa Primary Care Association is actively recruiting for a Family Medicine Medical Director for a Community Health Center in Des Moines, IA.
- Clinic Hours: 8:00am-5:00pm, would be scheduled 40 hours per week with some fluctuation with the director role.
- Patients: 16-18 patients per day
- Number of Exam Rooms: Depends on site but 2-3 per provider
- Current Staff: 1 FM physician and 1 advanced practitioner at all main sites, most sites have multiple FM providers and may have Pediatricians, Internal Medicine Physicians, CNMs, and/or Psychiatric Nurse Practitioners. All main sites have behavioral health.
- Call: Use phone call service that routes calls to NP/PA Providers first. Physicians serve as back up phone call once every few weeks. All telephonic call.
- School based and shelter sites if that would be of interest.
- Compensation: Salaried position plus incentive
- Contract Length: Employed long term
- Insurance: Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Malpractice Insurance: FTCA and GAP in addition
- Disability Insurance: Short-term and Long-term Disability.
- CME: $2,250 and 5 days
- PTO: 25 days and increases based on years of service.
- Holidays: In addition to PTO
- Loan Repayment: PRIMECARRE
- Retirement Plan with match
Health Center Overview:
- EHR: Centricity
- Joint Commission PCMH status
- Des Moines Population: 217,521
- Des Moines Metro Population: 645,911
- The capital of Iowa
- Activities: Greater Des Moines Botanical Gardens, Pappajohn Sculpture Park, Blank Park Zoo, Wells Fargo Arena- home to many sports and concerts, Des Moines Arts Center, Living History Farms, Prairie Meadows Race Track and Casino, Science Center of Iowa and Blank IMAX Dome Theater, Grays Lake Park, East Village, Raccoon River Park, Adventureland and Adventurebay, Downtown Farmers Market, Many trail systems, Simon Estes Amphitheater, and much more.
- Many options for public and private schools