Summary for Medical Director:
We are looking for a thoughtful senior level director, grounded in both medicine and practice leadership, who can take the practice to the next level, first helping it to become a high-performing, highly productive practice while ensuring that we meet the needs of our patients and the values of our organization and, ultimately, thinking with senior and executive leadership about the design, vision, and mission for such a place. This is a wonderful opportunity for someone who is a forward-thinking leader, eager to create new systems and models of care, improve outcomes and quality, and work within an exciting, value-based organization.
Benefits for Medical Director:
Compensation: Highly Competitive for Market
Bonus: Annual 10%
Benefits: CME, health (vision/dental), malpractice, PTO, PLI, retirement and vacation
Hours: 8-hour days and travel 20% of the time
Responsibilities for Medical Director:
• Establish policy, develop strategy in conjunction with senior and executive leadership, oversee business planning and budgeting with an administrative director, and direct all elements of primary care services for Company.
• Be responsible for performance of all clinicians in the practice, including advanced practice clinicians and physicians. All clinicians will report up through this medical director
• Be responsible, together with the administrative director, for setting productivity expectations and designing and implementing clinical workflows and systems to improve productivity within the practice.
• Work with the administrative director to develop and execute a vision for the practices, establish appropriate staffing for their population, and manage revenues and expenses to targets for sustainability, growth, quality, patient, and provider satisfaction.
• Oversee recruitment and hiring of physicians and advanced practice clinicians for the practice and design their onboarding program. Provides leadership, guidance, career development, and remediation (when needed) to the clinical staff. Be willing to have difficult conversations and make hard choices.
• Work closely with leadership partners to structure the teams to provide optimal patient care with minimal duplication of effort, considering safety, quality, and sustainability.
• Be responsible for overseeing and directing primary care education within the practice. S/he will also be responsible for overseeing team meetings and supporting retrospective reviews of hospitalizations.
• Will work cross-functionally within the clinic setting and across the organization, with other medical directors, clinical directors, quality professionals, and finance professionals to ensure the optimal functioning of the clinic and the sharing of information about the clinics across the enterprise. He or she will be a representative of CCA/CCC to partnering institutions such as health centers, teaching hospitals, and other clinical settings.
• Maintain a small panel of patients, demonstrating commitment and adherence to the principles noted above. Encourage and support publication and presentation about innovative work.
Qualifications Requirements for Medical Director:
• MD or DO, required
• Master’s degree (MBA, MPH, MPP) a plus, but not required
• Minimum of 5-10 years of experience, required
• Board certified in internal medicine, medicine/pediatrics, or family medicine, required.
• Experience managing an interdisciplinary team of MDs and APCs
• This is office-based. Some travel across the state will be required. Occasional home visits may be made as well. Valid driver’s license required.
• Demonstrated successful operation of a practice: Experience with practice improvement methods, use of financial and other metrics, development of and management to key performance indicators. Ability to manage (in conjunction with practice administration) revenues and expenses to develop and manage to target for growth, quality, patient and provider satisfaction, and financial performance.
• Proven ability to recruit and provide leadership to physicians and advance practice clinicians, ideally at the medical director level.
• Demonstrated ability to develop and lead teams, solve problems collaboratively, but willingness to make hard decisions when necessary.
• Optimism, enthusiasm, and a high level of energy oriented toward action.
• Excellent communication skills. Builds productive relationships at all levels.
• Commitment to the population that is served by our practices.