Medical Director/Senior Medical Director, Medical Affairs – Addiction Medicine
Alkermes plc is a fully integrated, global biopharmaceutical company developing innovative medicines for the treatment of central nervous system (CNS) and other diseases with high unmet needs. The company has a diversified commercial product portfolio and a substantial clinical pipeline of product candidates for chronic diseases that include schizophrenia, depression, addiction, multiple sclerosis, and immune-oncology. Headquartered in Dublin, Ireland, Alkermes plc has an R&D center in Waltham, Massachusetts; a research and manufacturing facility in Athlone, Ireland; and a manufacturing facility in Wilmington, Ohio. For more information, please visit Alkermes’ website at www.alkermes.com.
The Medical Director/Senior Medical Director, Medical Affairs will provide critical medical affairs direction for VIVITROL, an injectable extended-release naltrexone for the treatment of alcohol dependence and the prevention of relapse to opioid dependence following opioid detoxification.
In this role, you will drive key medical initiatives that align with overall corporate brand objectives, and work collaboratively with other functions (e.g., Clinical Development, Discovery, Field Medical, Regulatory, Commercial and Brand Teams).
• Support lifecycle management activities for VIVITROL, including the development of related Phase IV Study Protocols, data mining, and health economics and outcomes research in conjunction with other line functions
• Provide medical affairs expertise and support to Product Development teams and Medical Affairs teams, including training to other staff internally across functions
• Partner with commercial and clinical development to support product strategy based on external and internal input
• Provide medical interpretation of data (e.g., clinical trials, registries, published literature, etc.) related to VIVITROL
• Foster relationships with key opinion leaders and clinicians, relevant medical societies, and policy makers; develop relationships with and obtain input from key medical opinion leaders, including supporting the planning and execution of Medical Advisory Board meetings
• Represent Alkermes and provide Medical Affairs support at scientific congresses
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE and SKILLS:
• MD, PhD or PharmD with a minimum of 5 years in a clinical or pharmaceutical setting
• Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills, ability to work in a team environment, a strong scientific background, creativity, flexibility
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
• A strong scientific background, knowledge/experience in psychiatry or psychopharmacology a plus
• Medical degree with clinical experience in the treatment of patients with addiction or serious mental illness preferred
Background in medical affairs
• Knowledge of regulatory and compliance requirements
• Willingness/ability to travel up to 30% domestically. International travel may be required.
Alkermes, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression and identity, national origin, ancestry, age, mental and physical disability, genetic information, any veteran status, military status or application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under applicable law.