Our Medical Director abides by the security regulations of Wellpath and the regulations of the institution to which assigned. Provides required documentation of services to the Regional or Corporate Medical Director or designee in order to monitor services provided and compliance with facility/client contract. Notifies Regional or Corporate Medical Director and Health Services Administrator or designee of schedule changes in schedule coverage. Assists in arrangements for coverage of medical services if unavailable for extended period of time.
- Medical school graduate
- Experience in Family Practice, Emergency Medicine, Internal Medicine or Public Health preferred
- Current licensure within the State
- Maintains a current DEA number
- Current CPR Certification
- Must maintain privileges
- Maintains CME requirements for continued medical practice in the State
- Reports to assigned facility at designated hour to examine referred patients.
- Visits the infirmary daily when on-site and records encounters in the patient's progress notes.
- Ensures progress note documentation in Electronic Medical Record (EMR) or on approved paper form is in SOAP format, problem oriented, corresponds to the therapeutic order and is legible, if handwritten.
- Ensures all documentation is dated, timed, problem oriented and encounters in EMR are locked with document made or legible and signed, if handwritten.
- Ensures all verbal or telephone orders are countersigned within one business day, if possible.
- Adheres to the established formulary for therapeutic regimens before utilizing non-formulary procedures.
- Utilizes available in-house resource personnel for treatment or resolution of identified problems before utilizing off-site referral, if possible.
- Provides emergency treatment on-site and responds appropriately in urgent or emergency situations.
- Demonstrates proper technique for cardiopulmonary resuscitation and related drug therapy.
- Supports standards of correctional medical care through adherence to existing policies and procedures for: admission to the infirmary, transfer to emergency room and utilization review process for specialty consultant referrals.
- Supervises care given by other professional or non-professional personnel providing instructions as needed.
- Reports any doubts or questions regarding the lack of appropriate referrals, nursing or medical intervention necessary for the realization of established patient goals to the Regional or Corporate Medical Director for disposition.
- Provides clinical oversight to the facility medical program, as defined by the NCCHC and ACA standards.
- Consults with medical specialists for advice and expertise in their respective areas.
- Provides consultation for all professionals in the system.
- Provides medical services to inmates as scheduled.
- Partners with H.S.A. in supervising continuous quality improvement program, including patient grievances, sanitation, infection control, utilization management, pharmacy and therapeutics and assists in development of appropriate criteria.
- Other duties as assigned.
CCS is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer