Atlantic Health System is seeking a per diem Medical Dispatcher I to work a flexible schedule and every other weekend.
- Effectively prioritizes channels and assigns emergency and non-emergency medical transport requests to appropriate vehicles and personnel (SCTU, BLS and MAV) to ensure a smooth transition and work flow from request to scheduling and through pick up or emergent response.
- Dispatches vehicles in a timely manner
- Makes accurate moment-to- moment decisions in regard to scheduling pickups and rearranging the current plan accordingly to accommodate exceptions and emergencies.
- Performs ongoing demand analysis of engaged and available vehicles to ensure operational efficiency and customer satisfaction with transports.
- Appropriately balances the needs of the customer and the company when making critical decisions regarding transport.
- Ensures compliance with various state, federal and insurance regulations relating to ambulance transports when scheduling and managing transports
- Maintains timely and accurate tracking of all vehicles engaged in transports and makes appropriate assignments using this information about vehicle location and availability.
- Consistently performs status checks on crews verifying engagement, availability, safety and progress in transport.
- Expertly uses CAD Dispatch system to review trip requests, appropriately schedule transports to assure timely response and vehicle/resource utilization and service.
- Keeps trip requests organized and prioritizes trips for appropriate sequence dispatch when emergencies develop
- Communicates to crew vital trip assignment and monitoring information via communication system. Consistently uses professional demeanor, voice tone and respect in all communications.
- Prepares, completes and distributes in a timely fashion reports stating progress, issues, problems and statistics for review by other appropriate parties
- Perform basic data entry; demonstrate ability to learn new computer programs and perform some advanced data entry when necessary.
- Attends communication meetings and education sessions.
- Competently performs call taker duties when work schedule or demand requires.
Minimum Education Required:
- High school diploma/GED/ equivalent
- Customer service and call taking/call center training courses preferred
- Basic Tele-Communicator (BTC) and NJ EMD preferred
Atlantic Health System aims to deliver the highest quality care combined with the best experience for our patients and their families. We are confident that you will find success within Atlantic Health System, which has been named for the 11th year in a row to Fortune’s “Top 100 Best U.S. Companies to Work For” list. We believe you’ll find that our culture of collaboration and care exemplifies the value we place on our patients, their families and our employees.
Atlantic Health System, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor and therefore abides by applicable laws to protect applicants and employees from discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment, on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, disability, age, genetics, or veteran status.