Atlantic Health System is seeking a full time Medical Dispatcher II to work a flexible schedule and every other weekend. Atlantic Ambulance is a non-profit corporation dedicated to providing the finest air and ground medical transportation services.
- Effectively prioritizes and assigns emergency and non-emergency calls for service.
- Makes accurate moment-to- moment decisions in regard to scheduling trips and rearranging the current plan accordingly to accommodate exceptions and emergencies.
- Appropriately balances the needs of the customer and the company when making critical decisions.
- Maintains timely and accurate tracking of all units and company vehicles.
- Consistently performs status checks on crews verifying engagement, availability, safety and status.
- Expertly uses CAD Dispatch system to review trip requests, appropriately schedule transports to assure timely response and vehicle/resource utilization and service.
- Keeps trip requests organized and prioritizes trips for appropriate sequence dispatch when emergencies develop.
- Communicates to crew vital trip assignment and monitoring information via communication system. Consistently uses professional demeanor, voice tone and respect in all communications.
- Perform basic data entry; demonstrate ability to learn new computer programs and perform some advanced data entry when necessary.
- Complies with and enforces all policies and procedures.
- Escalates concerns regarding questionable matters to appropriate management
- Competently performs call taker duties when work schedule or demand requires.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 911 Officer (BTC) and EMD (New Jersey or National Academy)
- Previous emergency and/or medical transport dispatching experience a plus
- Excellent telephone/radio voice, oral and written communication skills
- Able to clearly communicate professionally, both verbally and in writing, in English language without excessive loudness that is disruptive to coworkers in a close quartered setting and not so softly one cannot be heard in a loud and often noisy work environment
- Must be capable of writing in English language utilizing pen on paper or electronic communication in a very expeditious manner.
- Able to use a computer and be highly proficient and accurate with data entry. Must be computer savy to navigate various software applications comfortably.
- Ability to work under pressure and in excessively high call/trip volume periods
- Ability to maintain a calm demeanor and ability to process information and make critical, sound and quick decisions
- Punctual and stringent about his/her work, attendance and reporting
Atlantic Health System has created a Trusted Network of Caring™, delivering the right care, at the right quality, at the right time, at the right place and at the right cost. We aim to deliver the highest quality, safety and care combined the best experience for our patients and their families. We are confident that you will find success within Atlantic Health System, which has been named for the 12th year in a row to Fortune’s “Top 100 Best U.S. Companies to Work For” list. We believe you’ll find that our culture of collaboration and care exemplifies the value we place on our patients, their families and our employees.
Atlantic Health System, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor and therefore abides by applicable laws to protect applicants and employees from discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment, on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, disability, age, genetics, or veteran status.