Are you a science geek who spots errors a mile off—a misplaced decimal, a wrong reference, DNA masquerading as RNA? Are you equal parts left and right brain, with an affection for medical technology as much as the written word? Does working with a respected team of editorial leaders excite you? We are looking for dedicated professionals who want to take part in ensuring our award-winning promotional marketing materials crafted for top pharma clients are production ready.
Our editors comprise a team with a breadth of experience and expertise: Editorial Assistants, Associate Medical Editors, and Medical Editors. Editors across all levels are responsible for a range of editorial services, including medical editing, proofreading, and fact checking of pharmaceutical marketing materials, internal and external presentations, and corporate communications. This role works with cross-functional teams under deadline to ensure client projects are delivered successfully. As a member of our Editorial team, you'll do much more than eliminate the spelling, grammatical, and punctuation errors; we are interested in editors who ultimately help craft clear and precise scientific material.
- “Error-free” is your mantra; you’ve always enjoyed copy editing and proofreading, from menus to the news page to medical marketing materials.
- You follow the rules—leaning on your knowledge of AMA style, FDA guidelines, client preferences, and good writing.
- With an insatiable interest in health and medicine, you enjoy continually learning and understanding brands and therapeutic areas.
- You are a keen and inquisitive fact checker who loves getting into the nitty gritty to make sure every bit is accurate.
- You love collaborating with a team of like-minded professionals, driven to meet deadlines, and committed to quality contributions crucial to the successful execution of print and digital projects for our clients.
- You are passionate about your work and adhere to the 3 c’s: clear, concise, correct.
- You are flexible, able to handle multiple projects at once, and do your best work in an energizing environment
What You Can Expect Day-to-Day (Essential Duties)
Associate Medical Editors and Medical Editors partners in the content review process, reviewing and editing content for correct spelling, grammar, and sentence structure, fulfillment of creative brief, adherence to AMA and client style, and appropriate and accurate referencing. You'll be involved at all stages of content development, initiating and maintaining editorial integrity from outline to printer’s proof. Editors fact check materials and align with the writers on annotating and referencing. You will represent Editorial at internal start-up and status meetings, and work with the extended team to facilitate project completion. You will ensure all pieces are aligned with each client’s MLR submission process and support the MLR process.
Editorial Assistants support all editorial-related needs and perform a variety of proofreading, client submission, and general support duties including light editing, spell checks, and routing documents clean. You are savvy working with various media including PDF, PowerPoint, Word, and digital files. You will serve as the Editorial point person for medical/legal/regulatory submission preparation.
Who We Are
PRECISIONvalue is the top payer marketing agency in the country. We partner with global pharmaceutical and life sciences companies who are developing groundbreaking treatments to make medicines accessible and affordable. We excel at demonstrating the economic, clinical, and societal value of creative medical treatments to payers, providers, patients, and policy-makers. With us, you will collaborate with teams as we improve market access and support our clients in their mission of improving care for patients
Minimum requirements for Medical Editor, Associate Medical Editor and Editorial Assistant: Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, or similar field
Additional minimum requirements by role:
- Editorial Assistant: Internship or up to 1 year of editorial/publishing experience
- Associate Medical Editor: 1 year of editorial experience in the pharmaceutical/medical communication or ad agency field
- Medical Editor: 3+ years of editing experience in healthcare and/or pharma industry
Medical Editor/Associate Medical Editor: Thorough knowledge of AMA (10th edition) style and proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of products as well as familiarity with editing in Adobe Acrobat Professional
- Industry experience to include in advertising, pharmaceutical marketing, medical communications, and/or medical education industry
- Familiarity with Veeva, Zinc, or MLR reviews and submissions systems
- Knowledge of FDA requirements with respect to pharmaceutical advertising