Identifies market trends, issues and competitive environment and forms strategic Medical Education program plans for product brand or sub-segment. Leads the effort to initiate new program strategies in the form of surgeon, hospital, and health care network education programs for the knee robotics platform.
Collaborates with territory managers and global regions to tailor medical education events that meet specific market needs.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for leading company efforts to drive short- and long-term education strategy for ROSA joint reconstruction education.
• Responsible for the conception, creation, planning, and execution of Medical Education events and activities in support of the ROSA robotic platform. These events/activities include but are not limited to:
o National BioSkills Events
o National “Discovery” Events
o Local Dinner Meetings
o Online content
o Industry Side Events
o Local BioSkills Events
• Responsible for executing scheduled activities within allocated budget.
• Works across multiple internal and external groups such as commercial sales teams, sales representatives, country product managers, and technical support teams, meeting services, product management and Convention Services to execute Medical Education plan.
• Maintains high level of product category knowledge through staying current in published information, regional market contacts, surgeon interaction, and industry educational meetings
• Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with relevant surgeon faculty, ensuring their preparedness in participating in any ROSA-related programs
Expected Areas of Competence
• Uses knowledge of existing products, new developments and market needs to formulate strategic and creative surgeon, hospital and health care training and accreditation programs.
• Prepares Medical education content for US region
• Uses and understands technical medical language to interact with internal and external customers. Translates technical language and discusses it internally in business terms.
• Assesses existing medical education programs to ensure consistency in the process throughout the company and industry. Builds and maintains long-term relationships with high level surgical consultants, key strategic customers and regional sales teams to promote and support the Zimmer Biomet brands.
- B.A./B.S., preferably including formal studies in Business or Engineering
- Minimum five (5) years of marketing, medical training, or medical sales experience required, prior internship/co-op within medical device preferred.
- Familiarity with Zimmer Biomet products, procedures, and promotions preferred
- Orthopedic experience is preferred.
Up to 50%