St. Luke’s University Health Network, the region’s largest, most established health system, a major teaching hospital, and one of the nation’s 100 Top Hospitals is seeking an enthusiastic BC/BE Medical Geneticist who will serve as the lead of our newly developed Precision Medicine Program! The Medical Geneticist will provide leadership and oversight surrounding patient education and genetics, the incumbent will serve as the lead for the Genetics Counselors and collaboratively work with their respective service line leaders to further develop and improve the programs.
The St. Luke’s Precision Medicine Program offers comprehensive and compassionate evaluation, diagnostic, treatment and follow-up services for children and families with known or suspected genetic conditions. This will be a unique opportunity to lead the development of a state-of-the-art program in a manner that enhances diagnosis and treatment, while promoting a data driven, patient specific treatment plan for genetic conditions. You will provide clinical services across the health network by acting as an extension of genetics care at St. Luke’s and will collaborate with Service Line Chiefs to assure best practices.
Our services include:
- Maternal-fetal medicine, perinatal, neurological, pediatric, cardiology, and oncology counseling
- Genetic risk assessment and psychosocial counseling for patients at risk for hereditary syndromes
- Consultation for health care providers regarding testing and management of hereditary cancer syndromes.
Successful candidates should have excellent leadership skills, clinical skills, personal skills and be able to demonstrate competence in providing comprehensive care for individuals at risk for clinical disorders with a genetic basis.
- Requires Board Certification or Board eligible in Medical Genetics within one year of employment.
- PA and NJ license required
In joining St. Luke’s University Health Network you’ll enjoy:
- Exceptional compensation package, starting bonus, and relocation reimbursement
- Rich benefits package including malpractice, health and dental insurance, and generous CME allowance
- Team-based care with well-educated, dedicated support staff
- A culture in which innovation is highly valued
- Work/life balance and flexibility - generous time off plans!
- Growth and financial stability
- Unique engaging technologies
- Teaching, research, quality improvement and strategic development opportunities