Cascade Medical, located in beautiful downtown Leavenworth in the Cascade foothills of Central Washington, has an opening for an experience MedicalInsurance Billing Specialist to join our dynamic Business Office team.
Work schedule will be Monday thru Friday; 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
This position is a key billing position in our Business Office and is responsible for processing patient accounts for payment.
- Keeps reports current on a weekly basis, aged by Discharge Date.
- Maintains an average of two to three days to process billing.
- Follows up on accounts 30 days and older, and maintains weekly telephone log.
- Performs secondary billing follow up.
- Stays current on new billing rules.
- Posts payments and works denials.
- Submits claims and works with our clearinghouse.
- Processes and maintains original L&I claims and monitors for proper ICD-10 usage.
- Works DSHS, Medicaid and L&I online claim entry for primary and secondary claims.
- Assists in monitoring CPT, ICD-10 and modifier usage.
- Maintains insurance websites and acts as website administrator.
- Serves as back-up for hospital switchboard and Admitting. May also cover for Financial Counselor.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
- Background in both HCFA and UB medical billing.
- Strong background of billing revenue cycles.
- Knowledge and background of insurance companies and billing rules.
- Positive and pleasant telephone etiquette.
- Must be proficient in the use of computers.
- Must be able to work independently as well as on a team.
- Must possess interpersonal skills that align with CM's Shared Values.
- CAH knowledge desirable.
TO APPLY: Please complete an on-line application and attach resume with cover letter of interest w/salary requirements. The position is open immediately and applications will be reviewed as they are submitted.0