The UCLA Language Services department is looking for an out-going and friendly Spanish Medical Interpreter to join our team. Under minimal supervision from the Office of the Patient Experience Director, provide Spanish- English services for Patients, Healthcare Providers, and Medical Center staff. The ideal candidate will be able to work with varied educational and socio-economic backgrounds, to provide for the Spanish language needs of our population. Duties include:
· Strong interpretation skills English to Spanish and vice versa
· Perform professional level, Spanish translations of vital patient information
· Prepare and assist with staff in-service presentations on language services
· Maintain current certification through continuing education
· Be an advocate for patients and language services in the Health System
· Assist with Patient Experience projects
1-year of previous medical translation and interpretation is preferred. Strong communication, both verbal and written, in Spanish and English, are a must. Ability to learn quickly new techniques for interpretation and medical information that is continuously being updated. Successful applicants will be professional, courteous, and team-centered. Needs to be able to comply with interpreter Code of Ethics, HIPPA, Joint Commission, infection control, and other policies for inpatient and ambulatory populations.