|Title||Medical Lab Assistant|
|Employment Type||Part Time (Regular)|
|Hours Per Pay Period||40|
|Shift Length||8 Hours|
|Mandatory Call Requirement||None|
|Mandatory Wknd Requirement||Every Other Weekend|
|Description||Performs data entry, basic computer operations, specimen processing, and basic laboratory procedures. Assists in triage of specimen collection process and performs EKG and specimen collections as needed.|
• Performs computer data entry, result lookup, generates laboratory customer test reports.
• Processes specimens using established policies and procedures, follows infection control policies consistently.
• Performs limited customer testing following appropriate policies and procedures.
• Answers and resolves telephone inquiries in a professional manner.
• Performs and processes EKGs and specimen collections according to department policies and procedures.
• Assists in the direction of the workflow of the phlebotomy staff.
• High School diploma or equivalent (GED) required.
• Completion of an accredited program for Medical Laboratory Assistants or Medical Assistants.
• Minimum of one year current laboratory experience in a clinic or hospital setting.
• Completion of a course in medical terminology and at least two semesters of college level biology and/or chemistry
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to handle stressful situations.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively with multiple departments.
|License Requirement||None specified.|
|Additional Requirements||At time of hire must provide:|
High School Diploma/GED