We Are Hiring
St. Vincent’s Medical Center Riverside, in sunny Jacksonville, FL, is looking for a certified Medical Lab Scientist (MLS) who is dedicated to transforming healthcare.
Night Shift Opportunity/Full time / Competitive Compensation / Excellent Benefits
***$3,000 Sign-on Bonus***
St. Vincent’s Riverside is the flagship location for St. Vincent’s HealthCare. Riverside is a 528-bed hospital with a fast-paced, exciting atmosphere and an ever-constant flow of patients. If you are looking for an environment that combines high touch with high tech, then St. Vincent’s Riverside is just what you are looking for.
- Caring Team: Working together as a team, our nurses are incredibly supportive of each other and care for each other as family.
- More Than a Job: Working for Ascension is more than just a job. It’s a career where your talent and passion for delivering quality healthcare can make a difference for patients, team members, and the community. With a mission established 100 years ago, your role on the team will contribute to a legacy that has supported our community for over a century.
- Strength in our People: At Ascension, we believe our people are our strength and we invest in them. In addition to the chance to have a positive impact on the people and communities we serve, associates benefit from significant professional opportunities, career advancement, training and competitive wages. We also support work-life balance and spirituality in the workplace.
- Wellbeing Programs: Transforming healthcare starts with taking care of our associates. We know our associates are busy and on the go. We provide our team resources and tools to help them proactively manage their physical, spiritual, and emotional wellbeing.
- Compensation/Benefits: At Ascension, we provide a competitive compensation package inclusive of a wide range of flexible benefit options. We support work-life balance through generous paid time off and encourage spirituality in the workplace.
What You Will Do
We invite you to join our team of 30 Medical lab professionals at St. Vincent’s. As a Medical Lab Technologist, you will perform routine diagnostic/analytic testing of laboratory specimens, and interpret, document, and report test results. This is a full-time, night shift opportunity!
Shift: 10 pm - 6 am Rotate weekends
The associates in the lab at St. Vincent's have a strong team approach. You will be lead and mentored by highly collaborative managers that will invest in your career!
Implement, validate, and report laboratory test results
Perform instrument maintenance and troubleshooting
Conduct quality control and quality assurance testing
Maintain supplies needed for the performance of tests
Assist with data collection or special projects as assigned
Assist in documentation and submission of all required laboratory, departmental and staff statistics/reports
- One or more of the following:
- Medical Technologist (ASCP) credentialed from the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP-BOC) obtained prior to hire date. Any specialty is applicable.
- Medical Lab Scientist (ASCP) credentialed from the
- Medical Tech credentialed from the
- FL State BOH License in Chemistry and Hematology
- Associate's degree
Equal Employment Opportunity
St. Vincent's HealthCare participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)