Works under the supervision of the Section Supervisor. Under general supervision, contributes to the quality of laboratory testing by preparing, pouring, sterilizing media, setting up cultures and staining for interpretation by the Clinical Laboratory Scientists, organizing and processing specimens on automated equipment and instruments and by performing preventative maintenance and instrument checks. Verifies moderate complexity testing. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Education: Work requires knowledge generally acquired through a high school education or GED. College education is required.
2. Licensure: Current BLS/Healthcare Provider status as per American Heart Association standards preferred. Medical Laboratory Technician License (MLT) required.
3. Experience: Six months previous experience as a Laboratory Technician is required.
- Essential Technical/Motor Skills: Ability to work with hands and manipulate various kinds of
- Interpersonal Skills: Limited amount of communication. Light exposure to visitors, medical staff
And other Hospital Employees.