We Are Hiring
Join our family of dedicated, highly valued Medical Lab Tecnician at Ascension St John Hospital in Detroit, MI!
Full Time Evening / 40hrs weekly / Competitive Compensation / Excellent Benefits
Additional Job Details: 3:30 PM-12 AM
As a Medical Lab Technician, you are an integral part of solving mysteries, and illnesses within our Healthcare system. Our lab services help delivers the information needed for our patients most important health decisions! If you have a love of science, math, and being a problem solver, we want you!
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Michigan committed to providing care that treats the entire person—body, mind, and spirit—we've been a part of Ascension since 1999. We provide comprehensive prevention, primary care, and advanced treatment programs with more than 125 medical centers and seven hospital locations spanning four counties.
- More Than a Job: Working for Ascension is more than just a job. It’s a career where your talent and passion for delivering quality healthcare can make a difference for patients, team members, and the community.
- Strength in our People: At Ascension, we believe our people are our strength and we invest in them. In addition to the chance to have a positive impact on the people and communities we serve, associates benefit from significant professional opportunities, career advancement, training and competitive wages. We also support work-life balance and spirituality in the workplace.
- Benefits: Medical, dental, vision, PTO, Holiday Pay, Tuition Reimbursement, and much more.
We are called to:
- Service of the Poor - Generosity of spirit, especially for persons most in need
- Reverence - Respect and compassion for the dignity and diversity of life
- Integrity - Inspiring trust through personal leadership
- Wisdom - Integrating excellence and stewardship
- Creativity - Courageous innovation
- Dedication - Affirming the hope and joy of our ministry
What You Will Do
As an associate with St. John Health-MI, you will have the opportunity to perform routine laboratory tests in various sections of the laboratory under the supervision of a medical technologist/medical laboratory scientist.
- Perform common testing procedures and reports test results.
- Perform instrument maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Perform quality control testing.
- Maintain supplies needed for performance of tests.
- Demonstrate laboratory technical skills to other laboratory personnel.
- Maintain knowledge of current trends and technical advances in laboratory operations, including attendance at inter/intra laboratory meetings and in-services.
- Recognize specimen, testing, instrumentation, results or other laboratory related problems. Takes necessary action or refers to appropriate supervision.
- Perform appropriate communications, clerical duties and computer functions necessary for laboratory operations.
What You Will NeedLicenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- One year of clinical laboratory experience as an ASCP certified technican preferred. Must meet education/experience requirements for certification as outlined by ASCP-BOC.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Michigan provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: email@example.com. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Ascension Michigan will be reviewed at the e-mail address supplied.
Thank you for considering a career with Ascension Michigan.
Ascension Michigan participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.