The Medical Librarian assists in directing the operations of the Library and provides reference services, literature searches and provides Current Awareness services to interested parties.
The schedule will be Monday-Friday 8am-4:30pm.
- Providing reference services and conducting literature searches to physicians, nurse practitioners, nurses, residents, students, employees, volunteers, contractors, visitors, patients, their families, and the general public.
- Providing Orientation and instruction in the use of the Library's resources and services.
- Assisting patrons in locating and utilizing appropriate print and/or electronic information resources.Uses recognized classification and cataloging methods for the Library's print and electronic collections and organizes the Library collections in a way that is easy to navigate
- Contributing to the analyzing and subsequent updating of the Medical Library's print and electronic book and journal collections using approved criteria for quality, authority, subject coverage, and currency.
- Master of Library Science degree from an ALA-accredited institution.
- Knowledge of current theories and practices of medical librarianship and working knowledge of computerized information systems.
- High level of interpersonal and communication skills to deal effectively with a diverse clientele and to conduct research and formal instructional programs.
- Supervisory experience and four years of progressively responsible library experience are preferred
- Membership in the Medical Library Association's Academy of Health Information Professionals optional.