FOJP Service Corporation has an exciting Medical Malpractice Claim Attorney / Examiner position available in their NYC office!
FOJP is looking for an attorney or examiner with medical malpractice experience to join their expanding Claim department. As the Medical Malpractice Claim Attorney or Examiner you will direct and oversee the litigation, investigation and disposition of medical malpractice claims and lawsuits. You will also coordinate all communication with carrier representatives and insured clients, including hospitals and physicians.
- Assign counsel to defend lawsuits and work with counsel to develop the litigation strategy.
- Conduct regularly scheduled claim conferences with carrier, hospital representatives and defense counsel to develop defense/settlement strategies and obtain settlement authority.
- Provide written and oral communication to insureds regarding commencement, settlement and/or disposition of lawsuits.
Required Skills and Experience
- JD degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 -10 years of related medical malpractice experience.
- Excellent negotiation, interpersonal, organizational abilities.
- Microsoft Office Suite skills.
FOJP offers countless career opportunities and an environment which fosters professional advancement and success. FOJP is an equal opportunity employer.
FOJP Service Corporation is one of the largest insurance and risk management organizations in the country and a leader in the risk management community. Since 1977, FOJP has administered property and casualty insurance programs for a group of major hospitals, long-term care facilities, and social service agencies in the metropolitan New York area. Some of the city’s most important and highly regarded academic medical centers – and more than 10,000 physicians –participate in FOJP’s professional liability insurance program, the first of its kind in the nation.
As risk management advisor to its clients, FOJP has a deep interest in initiatives to reduce patient injury and improve clinical outcomes. FOJP systematically collects and analyzes data on incidents, losses, and claims; help identify potential hazards; investigates adverse patient incidents; and provides claims administration and litigation management services. Through publications, seminars, education, and training courses, the company helps health care professionals respond to new developments in medicine and insurance regulation.