Chestnut Family Health Center, a division of Chestnut Health Systems, is seeking a full-time Medical Office Assistant – Records for our Bloomington, IL facility.
Chestnut Health Systems is a leading provider of behavioral and primary health care services. Over four decades, Chestnut has grown to over 700 committed, compassionate employees providing substance use, mental health and primary care treatment to patients in Central and Southern Illinois. We provide fully integrated care for all of our patients by combining behavioral health care services with our community-based primary care health centers. Chestnut also conducts research and training throughout the U.S.A.
**Please note to be considered for a position you must attach a resume, complete the application, and answer all screening questions.
- Process all paper documents for entry into EMR
- Maintain and monitor faxes
- Process and complete internal and external requests for health records
- Review electronic clinical documentation as required to assure accuracy and completion.
- Update patient medical orders and medical test results in relation to patient records obtained.
- Ensure the initial treatment plans are available for the Doctor to sign in the required time frame.
- Thoroughly explain, complete, and obtain all required signatures from patients
- Complete required paperwork on each patient in accordance with program and agency policies and procedures.
- Provide back up to front office staff as needed
- Be knowledgeable of and sensitive to individual’s cultural beliefs and values.
- Participate in team meetings, staff meetings, QI meetings, staff development/in-service programs, etc., as needed and be able to apply knowledge gained.
- Maintain CPR and CPI and/or CMA and/or CNA and/or CMOA certification(s).
- Promote Chestnut’s culture of customer service excellence through the adherence to Chestnut’s behavioral standards for customer service.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Successful completion of a Medical Assistant training program or Certified Nursing Assistant training program required.
- Must have a current Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) certification, Certified Medical Office Administrative Assistant (CMOA) or Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) certification.
- Intermediate computer skills and experience using MS Word, MS Excel, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat and an electronic medical record (EMR) required.
- Strong keyboarding skills to include data entry into a variety of databases.
- Extensive knowledge of common medical and medical office procedures and use of office equipment required (i.e., filing, ability to operate copier, fax and scanning equipment).
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills required.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing and to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, referral sources, staff, vendors and the public.
- Visibility of work requires attention to detail and discretion with HIPAA and other confidential information.
- Must be able to work independently and manage several tasks at one time.
- Satisfactory Completion of Chestnut’s background checking process.
This full-time position includes an excellent compensation and benefits package including health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, generous paid time off benefits, and more.
***For additional information and inquiries text "Chestnut" to 97211
Chestnut welcomes applications from qualified individuals with recovery experience.
EOE – Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled