The Primary Health Network, the largest Federally Qualified Health Center in Pennsylvania, is seeking qualified candidates for the position of a Full-Time Medical Office Assistant at our Transfer Health Center. Position is located in Transfer, PA. The hours for this position are generally 8:30 AM- 5:00 PM with some evening hours required.
This person assists in the provision of comprehensive health care as a member of a team of health care professionals. This individual functions in all areas of the office setting this includes both clinical and front desk duties.
Job Qualifications/ Requirements:
- Graduate of an approved school Medical Office Assistant with two years’ experience in direct patient care
- Strong clinical knowledge
- Behavioral Health experience preferred
- Good communication skills, phone skills and interpersonal skills
- Ability to schedule patients
- Flexibility in the workplace
- Previous venipuncture experience or a willingness to learn
- Previous injection experience or willingness to learn
- Previous experience in calling prescriptions under a provider’s direction
- Computer proficient
Successful candidates will be flexible, motivated, and demonstrate critical thinking and problem solving skills. Experience with electronic medical records is a plus. Hourly wage commensurate with experience, excellent benefits (includes: health, dental, vision insurances, supplemental benefits, paid time off, paid holidays, paid-training available, 403b retirement plan, etc.), EOE.