Avosys is a growing integrator of professional, technological and management solutions services. Founded in 1998, Avosys provides services nationwide to Federal, Commercial, Local and State clients. We recognize the foundation of our firm is our people and we continue to rise above our competition by hiring the best.
Avosys is seeking a Medical Office Clerk to provide services to the military and their families at Joint Base Langley-Eustis, VA.
- Greets patients/visitors at a front desk, information center or office setting.
- Answers main office phone line. Directs telephone calls to appropriate section for assistance. Takes messages as required.
- Arranges and schedules medical appointments and determines patient eligibility for services.
- Determine patient eligibility, schedule appointments, relay general instructions to patients, or make referrals to other sections.
- Obtains updates and files medical records as needed.
- Organizes and researches patient records, extract needed information, and review records for completeness, accuracy, and consistency within established guidelines.
- Ensures arrival of medical records prior to appointment(s).
- Conducts end-of-day process at close of business and resolves any delinquent or pending appointments in computer system.
- A fully qualified typist with a minimum of 50 WPM is required.
- Must possess general medical ethics, telephone etiquette, and excellent communication and customer service skills.
- High school diploma or General Educational Development (GED) equivalency is required. Knowledge of medical terminology is desired.
- Must possess at least 6 months of experience in office setting.
- The work is primarily sedentary. However, there may be some physical demands. Requirements include prolonged walking, standing, sitting or bending.
**Position is contingent upon award of contract**
Reference Code: MSS.VA.MOC.1910
Position Type: Full Time
Location: Langley, VA
Industry: Government Contracting
Shift: Day Business Hours Travel: No
Salary: Based on Experience
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact (210) 888-0775 or Jobs@Avosys.com for assistance.