Hennepin Healthcare is an integrated system of care that includes HCMC, a nationally recognized Level I Adult and Pediatric Trauma Center and acute care hospital. The comprehensive healthcare system includes a 484 bed academic medical center, a large outpatient Clinic & Specialty Center, and a network of primary and specialty care clinics in Minneapolis and in suburban communities. Hennepin Healthcare has a large psychiatric program, home care and hospice, and operates a research institute, innovation center and philanthropic foundation.
Current vacancy is full time with benefits, 80 hours per pay period, day shift.
Provides high-level administrative support for a department, division or program to the Medical Office Manager, Department Chief, Assistant Chief, Program Director and/or Division Director(s) of a medical staff department service office. May give work direction to one or two staff.
- Provides orientation, oversight, direction, supervision, and mentoring to medical office staff on a day-to-day basis and ensure adequate coverage of medical office staff and steps into their responsibilities during an absence
- Provides/performs departmental administrative duties to support the Department Chief, medical/program/division directors, staff physicians and/or trainees (incl. screening/triaging telephone calls, facilitating patient referrals, maintaining calendars, handling incoming mail, completing expense reports, obtaining signatures, filing, organizing, planning/organizing special events within the department)
- Functions as the subject matter expert and departmental resource in medical office coordination, requiring knowledge of the operation of the department with autonomy
- Assists the Medical Department’s Office Manager and/or Supervisor with administrative duties and attends meetings in his/her absence
- Performs various on-line functions involving PeopleSoft, E-way, Finance or Payroll and oversees payroll time reporting for medical office staff and advanced practice providers
- Operationalizes departmental financial and capital budgets and tracks expenses
- Prepares formal correspondence, meeting minutes, and departmental publications. Types/transcribes a variety of materials (incl. correspondence, grants, contracts, manuscripts, curricula vitae, and presentation and lecture materials)
- Oversees the credentialing and privileging of medical staff members and Dependent Allied Health Professionals for the department or division. Works with the Office of the Medical Director, regulatory agencies and any other departments to ensure compliance with licensure, annual required training and certifications
- Manages the Service Office’s use of space, equipment, and supplies (including offices, conference rooms, office supplies and inventory, and office equipment)
- Assists in the coordination of new departmental/divisional medical staff and Dependent Allied Health Professional recruitment, interviews, on-boarding, off-boarding, academic appointment, promotion and other matters affecting their employment
- Creates and maintains clinic, procedural, on-call, attending, consult, paid time-off (PTO) and academic schedules for department or division(s) on Provider Scheduling System (ie.,AMION); monitors monthly AMION reports and validates variances
- Facilitates the processing of medical staff leaves of absence, according to guidelines, and notifies appropriate medical center departments accordingly
- Oversees visiting professorship programs creating/monitoring resident/fellow schedules in the Residency Management Suite and any departmental software programs, on-boarding/off-boarding and coordinating rotation schedules
- Oversees and coordinates departmental CME activities (i.e., scheduling lectures, reserving rooms, ordering food, making travel/hotel reservations, coordinating honoraria, visiting professorship programs, processing ACCME-required paperwork, creating or assisting with presentation materials and tracking budgeted CME expenses)
- May recommend the implementation of department policies and procedures, and evaluate and modify existing procedures to increase department efficiency
- Processes academic promotions through the University of Minnesota Medical School
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High school graduation
- Preferred Associate degree in Business, Management, General Studies or Healthcare Discipline
- Five (5) years of progressive office experience in monitoring budgets and justifying variances, coordinating departmental projects, providing oversight and direction to office staff, development of department policies and procedures and facilitating Department office, conference room space and overseeing/selecting office equipment
- OR An approved equivalent combination of education and experience
- Previous work experience in a medical setting
- Ability to work independently with minimum guidance
- Ability to communicate in a professional, clear, succinct and tactful manner both verbally and in writing
- Skilled in review and analysis of financial records and budgets
- Knowledge of personal computer system and various software, or possess an aptitude to learn such programs
- Excellent clerical skills including organization and time management
You've made the right choice in considering Hennepin Healthcare for your employment. We offer a wealth of opportunities for individuals who want to make an impact in our patients' lives. We are dedicated to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to both current and prospective employees. We are driven to connect talented individuals with life-changing career opportunities, enabling you to provide exceptional care without exception. Thank you for considering Hennepin Healthcare as a future employer.
Please Note: Offers of employment from Hennepin Healthcare are conditional and contingent upon successful clearance of all background checks and pre-employment requirements.