St. Lukes University Health Network, the regions largest, most established health system, a major teaching hospital, and one of the nations 100 Top Hospitals is seeking a BC/BE Medical Oncology Section Chief for the department of Medical Oncology and Hematology. The Section Chief will work under the direction of the Chairman of Oncology and will oversee the Medical Oncology providers and clinical care. Responsibilities will include strategic planning, physician recruitment, development and performance, operational and financial management, quality performance, customer/service improvement, and clinical outcomes. The Medical Oncology Section Chief is responsible for ensuring the highest standards in patient safety, patient and family satisfaction, and referring physician communication.
- The St. Lukes Oncology department has a long standing tradition of delivering clinical care. Our department consists of 9 physicians and 7 advanced practitioners. Our team is comprised of specially trained individuals including patient navigators, nurse navigators, and counselors to help guide, comfort, and empower our patients through their journey. We also offer a healing arts program, nutrition support, access to rehab and physical therapy, insurance and financial support, clinical trials, and support groups to make our patients health care journeys as easy and understandable as possible.
- St. Lukes Cancer Center has received five awards from the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA), a private, nonprofit organization dedicated to improving health care quality. St. Lukes Cancer Center also received superior rating for lung cancer surgery results.
- SLUHN Cancer Center received the National Cancer Institutes National Clinical Trials High Performance Site Award (2017, 2018).
- Our team offers the right team of experts, personalized cancer treatment plans, superior radiation therapy technology and the best clinical trials. At St. Lukes, our cancer patients benefit from all of that, plus an unparalleled level of support and compassion.
Candidates with 5-7 years of leadership experience is required. We are seeking an individual who has demonstrated outstanding skills as a clinician, researcher, and leader in Medical Oncology. The individual should be a strong communicator and collaborator, with potential to enhance the Medical Oncology program. The successful candidate will be board certified in hematology/oncology.
In joining St. Lukes University Health Network youll enjoy:
- Team-based care with well-educated, dedicated support staff
- A culture in which innovation is highly valued
- Work/life balance and flexibility
- Exceptional compensation package, starting bonus, and relocation reimbursement
- Rich benefits package, including malpractice, health and dental insurance, CME allowance
- Teaching, research, quality improvement and strategic development opportunities