Medical Operations Supervisor
Job DescriptionThis position is responsible for overseeing the applicant and return donor reception and registration processes.
• Supervise reception and medical staff.
• Assist management with daily center operations to include development of reception and medical staff,
assessment and improvement of processes, troubleshooting issues and managing donor flow.
- In compliance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), supervise daily activities of reception, medical, and customer service operations. Provide clear and consistent instructions and directions, conduct meetings, and clearly communicate performance expectations. May be required to perform tasks in work areas. Advise management of employee relation issues or escalated donor issues.
- In conjunction with other management and supervisory staff, facilitate donor movement throughout the center minimizing donor wait time and processing.
- Supervise reception and medical work areas activities to ensure proper handling of supplies and materials. Coordinate plans and deliver medical and reception staff training.
- Repair or replace equipment in a timely manner. Update equipment status and documentation on a regular basis.
- Ensure adequate reception and medical staffing to provide sufficient support based upon center size, structure and donor flow. Create schedules for direct reports per company procedures. Monitor time card procedures, attendance and overtime usage.
- Conduct investigations, participate in root cause analysis, and develop recommendations for process improvement.
- Participate with management in conducting performance appraisals and providing performance feedback. With management review and direction, document verbal and written coaching level corrective actions, as needed.
- Participate, as appropriate, with management in the recruitment and selection of center operation staff.
- Act as liaison for Center Medical Director and Divisional Medical Director. Coordinate Center Medical Director activities.
- Follow and ensure staff adheres to all Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), company policies and procedures.
- Comply with all local, state and federal regulations and laws to include, but not limited to: ADA, Civil Rights, EEOC, FDA, GHA, HIIPA, and OSHA.
- Participate in selected Center Leadership meetings and present pertinent related medical topics. Conduct and document monthly medical meetings.
- Ensure accurate recording of donor data in the electronic donor information management system as outlined in the SOPs.
- Provide medical oversight and guidance to center specialty and employee Hep B programs. Understand policies and procedures associated with hyper immune programs at the center, as applicable.
Worker Sub Type:Regular