We are seeking a therapeutic Medical Physicist to join a team of two other Medical Physicists at Aspirus. The candidate will balance their time between supporting clinical operations at the Aspirus Regional Cancer Center in Wausau and acting as the Lead Medical Physicist at the Aspirus Riverview Cancer Center in Wisconsin Rapids. The Aspirus Radiation Oncology Department is an actively growing team with state of the art equipment across three cancer centers that serves Central Wisconsin and Upper Michigan. Our program is part of the ACC- Association of Community Cancer Centers, NAPBC- National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers, and CoC- Commission on Cancer.
Our technology includes TrueBeam and TomoTherapy external beam systems, Nucletron HDR, Siemens Confidence CT, Pinnacle and Eclipse treatment planning, ARIA, and EPIC. We have active stereotactic radiosurgery and HDR brachytherapy clinical programs and are implementing the SunCHECK platform for patient and machine QA.
- Collaborate with a team that includes a Chief Medical Physicist and a Medical Physicist.
- Provide consultation, advice, education, or technical direction for patients, Physicians, Administrators, Managers, Clinical Staff, and Technical Staff.
- Oversee the clinical and quality assurance programs at the Aspirus Riverview Cancer Center.
- Assist with clinical and quality assurance activities at the Aspirus Regional Cancer Center, including SRS, HDR, patient specific QA, and plan and chart reviews.
- Design and execute clinical development projects to enhance our program.
- Organize and direct the efforts of the Radiation Oncology facilities to care for patients with optimally designed and delivered treatments.
- Accountable for the support of and assistance to Physicians of Radiation Oncology and the Service Line providing patient safety measures, strategic leadership, analysis, and direction.
- Knowledge of radiation oncology and related technology standards and protocols through completion of a Masters Degree in Medical or Radiological Physics from an AAPM accredited institution.
- Experience on TrueBeam and/or TomoTherapy treatment systems as a Radiation Oncology Medical Physicist or Resident.
- HDR AMP licensure in Wisconsin or eligibility to become so per WI DHS 157.61(8) within one year.
- ABR or ABMP certification in Therapeutic Medical Physics or eligibility to become certified within one year.